Motherboards have now started shipping for Intel’s Haswell-E X99 chipset; their extreme chipset generation, heavily used in the digital content creation space and where over-clocking is required to meet high performance workloads.
The new X99 chipset is signified by:
- 10 x SATA 6 Gbps ports natively, with six of those being RAID capable
- Support for DDR4 memory – up to 64GB
- Up to six USB 3.0 ports native
- Thunderbolt ready
- More possible PCIe configurations
- New PCIe storage options (SATA Express and M.2 via PCIe) are also supported
Intel claims that at base clocks, the i7-5960x delivers 20% faster 4K video editing and 32% faster 3D rendering than their previous flagship processor. Imagine what that can do with the potential to overclock by 31%!
X99 compatible motherboard are available on a host of our products making them capable of meeting even the most demanding workloads.